Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Andre Agassi

I was not a big fan of Agassi when he played tennis. I was a Becker fan. So, when his recent autobiography came out I was not all that excited until I heard about what he wrote. There were two surprises: (1) His relationship with data and (2) His drug abuse (may be 3, if you consider such stuff). Anyway, the American media has gone out of its way to focus on the second one. I agree its an important issue. But for me the way he talks about his relationship with his father wants me to read the book. Some nice articles on this aspect here (prem pannikker's blog). The link has a Rohit Brijnath article that's surely worth reading. Also Prem details his own "clashes" with his father there. Every child goes through phases where s/he believes is doing things for her/his parents. But for some kids the pressures are enormous to the point that its very hard for the kid to stay normal.
Lets see!


No comments: