Friday, April 06, 2012

What does it all mean and some random stuff

You are born. You grow up. Everyday there is some little thing here and some little thing there that bothers you. Somethings make you happy and content while somethings make you sad and grumpy. But what is the reason for life? It is so hard to understand. There are irrational fears, unconquerable expectations and thoughts that you have no control over. What can we do? No idea.

Of late I keep finding it hard to be alone. May be its the winter. The need to plan based on the weather. I never had to do this in Texas.

At the sametime I dont mind being alone. I look forward to the company of very few people nowadays. Gone are the days where i was a very social person. I have changed into a person who is fighting hard to maintain those good old friendships with very little time to make new ones. I dont know if I would say my personal life is stagnating on the social front, but I am not so keen on new friendships anymore. May be its marriage or may be I meet so many people in my day job where i end up talking superficially I am just tired. 

Over the last two years I have realized i love my job, in spite of all the pressures. I particularly love teaching. it makes me happy giving it my all. I just hope i can continue doing that. Now this summer I really want to enjoy the other component of my job. Research. I will see how that goes. It is going to be hard work, but I wish to try my best.

Amidst all this I hope to keep in my mind the insignificance of one's life and the so called achievements. All you can do in your life is be happy. If you can say that you have genuinely tried to be happy, you can say its a life well spent. Thats my motto! Take up challenges that give you joy. Hopefully I can take up challenges for the right reasons!

On the recreational front, I hope to start trekking. I really want to enjoy the summer in Montreal. I am planning for it. Lets see how it turns out.

No comments: