Thursday, August 09, 2012

I am still young

Well I am over 30 now; an age I believed was old (naturally when i was under 30). 

Today something happenned that made me smile like a 20 year old. Probably what they say about age is true; you are as old as your heart.

A trip down memory lane.. 2004.. final year Btech

I chose to do my minor in Operations Research. Being from Civil that wa n't the smartest plan especially given that we do not do any probability class. So, it was no surprise that I sucked at the final year OR class which required a lot of probability. Not to mention the teacher was n't the greatest. There was only reason to go to class. There was a pretty lady (doing her graduate education at that time) who used to walk by in front of the door during the class. So, with a lot of effort (it was a lot of effort in 4th year) i used to go to class find a seat from where I can see her for the 15 seconds. 

Present time..

I attend a random family function. I see a lady on the stage who was quite pretty.. and then she seemed familiar. I was like I know her. I have seen her before. And it all came back to me. I wasn't sure though. It was too hard to believe. I mean such a small world was too unbelievable. So, I go up to her (it was hard!) and ask her did you study at IIT M by any chance. She replies in telugu. yes I did. I was stunned and then amazed at my own memory. It was fun to be the 21 year old kid who required so little to be happy. I would give anything to remain in the state of bliss I was in when I was in campus during my 4th year. Life only gets harder with every passing moment. But when such moments can be relived it feels a tad easier (even if for a short time).

Of course all it took was one email to bring me back very quickly; but i still had a happy 10 minutes that nobody can take away!

No comments: