Friday, May 16, 2014

The results are out

The results of the 2014 elections are out. As I was nervously awaiting the results I realized I was more nervous about Seemandhra results than India.

At the national level - as anybody who reads my blog would know - I supported BJP. Not because I see an all conquering party or leader but because they were the only non-congress option that was close on economic policy to my personal beliefs. Even before Modi was in the frame I wanted BJP to win. The results have exceeded my expectations - I was thinking NDA would get 300 in the best case (prob of 0.1). Now BJP alone is near that number. I am still worried about Modi - there is something about him that is unsettling. Of course, with all the uncertainity I still support BJP - I am a stringent opponent of welfare schemes that Congress and other center left parties espouse. One thing I feel is Modi deserves enormous credit for his hard work and his ambition - whether you agree with him or not - sheer determination to get what he wanted, on its own is admirable. I just hope that he will work for India as he promised. Congratulations and good wishes to the new PM of India.

At the state level, I was happy to see CB Naidu win - I think a new state needs a strong administration and I expect him to deliver.

Now is the more arduous time - people you thought were the candidates have won - you wait to see if they deliver. Hoping they would!

No comments: