Tuesday, March 24, 2015

South Africa

Well - I don't follow cricket as I used to - it is very exhausting mentally when you invest in the game. It takes a toll on everything. Yesterday's match was no different. It is easy to accept losses for some teams. For example, if Australia loses, I don't give a second thought - in fact I am ecstatic. But when the losing team is South Africa - it always hurts. I watched them lose their 1992 semi-final due to rain. then the Klusener world cup lost in madness. today probably was the least controversial of all - but hard nonetheless. I watched  SA bat and rain interruption hurt them more. But they should have defended close to 300 - sadly the wait continues for them. Watching AB, Steyn and others cry makes it unbelievably hard - I mean it is just a game - but who are you kidding - it is everything for those folks. Watching them despair makes you realize how hard it is for them. And it for me too. May be I am getting old to feel such despair.

And for New Zealand - well done; great game and great for their country. I mean a tiny nation of 4 million - yes - we have more people than that in a part of Mumbai - yet to produce such great teams speaks volumes! More importantly they produce nice guys who play cricket (unlike their neighbors!) - good for them!


No comments: