Sunday, June 07, 2015

French Open

I am not a huge fan of the clay courts at Roland Garros - but for once I watched the final with interest. It was a good match and I like both the players - making it hard to choose a favorite. But I did lean towards Stanislas Wawrinka and am happy he won. Until he reached the 2014 Australian open final I never knew much about him. But it was when he reached the final and defeated Nadal in the final that I started reading about him.

He has this quote tattooed on his left arm
"Ever tried. Ever fail. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

If I could have a motto in life - this is it. I will support Stan in the future also for one simple reason. His philosophy to life. Here is a man who fought odds - he might not be as talented as his countryman Federer, or as mentally strong as Nadal or as good all round a Djokovic, but he fought and played just for the sake of paying without ever believing he will win. That is the path to bliss isn't it - do your job without worrying about the result, doing ti better than the last day. Well one only can hope for such unbelievable strength!

Congratulations Stan!

Hope I will remind myself this on the innumerable occasions where I get pissed because some things did not go my way - "Try again, Fail again, Fail better"

1 comment:

Jane_Apolo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.