Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Virender Sehwag retires

Well he has practically retired long ago - but he officially does so now. He was a pure joy to watch. If I had a dream player to be reborn as I would choose to be Sehwag. He played each ball on its merits and forgot about it the next second. If only i could live with that motto.
Anyway - he retired from cricket in his own cheeky way with the following quote.

I also want to thank everyone for all the cricketing advice given to me over the years and apologise for not accepting most of it! I had a reason for not following it: I did it my way!
Thanks for all the entertainment - I have missed watching you live; of course I still have your youtube videos that I visit often. Be it the first 100 in Bloemfontein on Debut. I remember you play a drive through the covers with a straight bat high on the toes for a boundary  and Geoffrey boycott on commentary approves - "I got to tell you, this lad can play". Was he right or what!

Good luck for the rest of your life!

An archive of all the great pieces on cricinfo - here

No comments: