Tuesday, December 06, 2005

OR Courses

I always wondered why I liked Operations Research.... I always felt i needed to know something more than just transportaion engineering. Now my primary focus of research will be Discrete Choice Modeling. But someday I would like to work in other Transpotation areas, particularly Networks. It is with this in mind that I take any course offered by Dr.Morton.. Or is this the real reason... i dont know...another reason I take his courses are because he is an awesome teacher... there are moments in his class where you are awed by the simplicity of his methods..... He finds it so easy to explain the complicated of topics and he also has a great sense of humor.... I think he is an aspiring academican's role model...... I will be taking my 3rd course with him next semester...I might not learn how well he teaches... but even if the courses help a little on how to teach and capture the attention of the class.... i will feel my purpose is more than served... Of course all this doesnt come for free... His courses are very tough and more or less i end up getting 'B's.... But i dont care...i feel i am learning a lot and would love taking his courses......... If I can get an A in his course !!! it would be very satisfying........................

No comments: