Friday, July 21, 2006

Appearance

Why on earth should appearance matter?

This is something I believe.... I tend to outrightly reject the point that appearance can and will influence the way you are looked upon...

The first time a person is seen he is judged based on the appearance... but once you are known as a person you should not be.. The first impression stays on agreed but still it should not influence the people so much that they cannot appreciate the good part of you just because they dont appreciate your appearance... If that's how it is... I would say "Go to Hell" to such people... they are too superfluous!!

For example if you are a prof and teach a class.... the fact that you are not at your best might and will influence a certain portion of class not to listen to your lecture.. I feel that portion of the class, in the first place, would not have heard the lecture for some other reason if not this... so dont care. As a prof you should invest time in certain things like preparing for the class and stuff... But not on getting ready !! (looks wise!!)

Of course I agree I have strong views But I will stick to them at any rate....

But time will come when I will have to decide how I will be and i believe I know the answer!!

Anyway............back to work !!!

No comments: