Sunday, July 23, 2006

Austin- near 2 yrs!!

I have been returning to post a lot.......
This is associated to the fact that I spend a lot of time alone....

I usually do spend a lot of time alone in my basement office... but at least in the morning time I used to have company...Now for various reasons I wont have that company!!
One of my good friends is finishing her Phd.. So her place will be vacant..... I will have to get used to that fact..... and then another office mate is heading to India..... So that leaves me alone [:(] in the office.......at least for a month may be.... I have to blog to keep my social contact (:D) ........

Anyway
Have to start my quals preparation........
Have to finish some stuff for the paper....

Have lots of stuff to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But the reason I started this blog was different... It is to see my 2 years in Austin .....

Professionally.......

Well, I guess i did decently in the courses (I surely should have done better with my grades!)
Research has two fronts, the publishing part and the other part is the research for funding.....
Without any doubt I spent most of my time in the latter... It is very useful practically but wont allow the opportunity to publish much... on the former, I did get one in my first summer. I hope to get one more this summer...... But I think I did gain a lot of knowledge and technical know how that should keep me in good stead but surely I have a lot more to learn and very little time... I need to work on that front

Personally....

It was all great until I went to India...... In india I had issues...... I could not resolve them... I tried after coming to austin... But things did not work out.... Dont know !! I should have tried harder.... But i could not push beyond a limit.... I have this feeling of guilt for not being able to keep my word.. that would leave a mark on me forever!! For now there is nothing I can do.....

Freinds.........

It was not all rosy even with friends I guess..... The kind of personality i have i make friends and people i cant talk much to.... Fortunately for a long time the former group was way larger than the second group..... But slowly i feel that the former group has dwindled...because of graduations...... The new students hopefully this year will fill the voids!! I desperately hope so!!
It is necessary to have a large grp........ so that i dont just talk about work and my guide all the time...... anyway!!

Well thats all I guess!!

No comments: