Wednesday, May 23, 2007

An interesting discussion

An interesting discussion took place with my adviser and my group mates. My adviser discussed the problem of being pre-occupied at home (i.e lack of attention) when he listens to his daughters. I have also heard complaints about me not listening to my mother and sister sometimes in the past. My colleague felt it was a guy thing and that she (has to be a girl right!!) heard similar things from many other guys. Well, even I heard about a similar problem for many guys. So we were discussing why does this happen. My adviser felt it was because of a mistaken priority. I refuse to agree. I think it is more of the fact that they are your family and it is a case of taking them for granted (I am not saying it is correct!!). It is not a case of something you do being important but the fact they will be there for you always makes it easier to take them for granted. Personally, I have faced this problem a lot. There have been days where I was so angry with myself because I spend hours thinking about friends and people who don't give a damn about me and think very little about my family. I am working on it and I am yet to solve the problem. Friends though are close to you do not necessarily stay close unless you put the effort. However, with the family this is not the case. Irrespective of how much time you spend with them they are always there for you. This is what makes my behavior ridiculous. But I am like that and am trying to change. In sometime may be I will be better!!

No comments: