Sunday, May 06, 2007

Reporting from Daytona beach

Well, the two days have gone by so fast, I will have a hard time remembering everything that I did. The journey in itself was very action packed. Before flying I decided ?I will read the book "Love in the time of cholera". so I left from ECJ to the library near LBJ at 10.35. My bus to airport was at 11.05. I did not find the Benson library till I had 12 minutes left and then I found the book and had exactly 7 minutes when I came out of the LBJ library. So I ran for 6 minutes (very fast!!) to reach my office and got my bags top go to bus stop. Well, I reached 1 minute late and the bus arrived 20 minutes later. So, i made to the airport. On the way I met an interesting person from Columbia and later a classmate on the bus.
Then the flight to Atlanta was late and so I arrived in Atlanta with very little time to catch the flight to Daytona and I had to run again but as earlier I just made it. Meanwhile love in the time of cholera was going on in full swing.
I reached Daytona and my friend was ready with dinner. It was cool. Then we chatted and decided we will be heading to a theme park the next day in Orlando. So we did. Well this was my first theme park and I realized I am afraid of heights. On my first ever rolla-coaster ride I was sitting in the front row and a corner. That did not make it very easy. But I managed by opening my eyes once in a while. After that we tried the doom's fall down (or something like that). It was easy.Then we tried some simulation stuff, followed by some watr stuff. It was fun except the waiting in queues. And finally there was the dungeon dragons. It was wild and i closed my eyes for most part. By then I was feeling a little sick with swirling. But it was an ok experience and I think I will need more time to enjoy them fully. But one thing I need to sort is my fear of heights. Well, lets see.
After the rides we went to a desi place and had food and reached home where a number of people from IITM were there. There we palyed cards for 4-5 hours with many gult junta and it was awesome fun. Then today we went to Tampa for lunch. We saw USF and UCF. After that we left to Daytina and were back soon. Now my conference starts tomorrow. Hope it is also as enjoyable as my previous 2 days

No comments: