Monday, March 08, 2010

My 2 cents

In a previous post I linked Akhtar's article on spirituality. Now here is Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's (art of living) response. (links via rajesh)

When i posted Akhtar's link I said I liked the speech. However, I did not make it clear that I disagree with some aspects of his speech. Here below is an interaction over this topic with a friend of mine. This encapsulates my thoughts!

I have to say the response is not as good....akhtar's speech is better... but i have my issues with what akhtar said... there is a broad generalization of gurus.... also... u need to have questions that bother you everyday to really appreciate what spirituality is... a person without internal questions (i mean those that stay with the person for more than 10 or so years) will not seek ways to find answers. If as an individual u never experience such unrest the person will be incapable of understanding what spirituality means or what purpose it is for! I can see that akhtar falls into that realm. Mind you there is nothing wrong with that. It makes life more stable. More importantly, you dont choose how you want to be. Some people just cant push away those questions while some can push them away. The people who can push them away claim that its easy and those who cant control such questions are fools. This only shows their lack of understanding of human life. People need to be more open than that! Of course, I personally believe that the questions and the resulting quest (or search) adds intrigue to one's life making the ride more exhilarating. So.... a life without questions might be very stable and balanced, the one with ups and downs opens your eyes to many things ensuring you learn more about life!
ok thats my 2 cents!



No comments: