Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Reading books

There are days where I wish I read books for a living. These books I read transport me into a different world allowing me to feel different emotions in different ways. Somehow, reading a sad story gives me an outlet for my own suffering. Similarly, a happy ending makes me joyous about my own good fortune in life. It is as if I am connected to a different world through the books I read. I am grateful for acquiring the habit of reading books. Two contemporary authors have touched my life so much that at different moments in my life they have given me solace, provided me with context to my pain and allowed me to understand life a little bit better. Jhumpa Lahiri and Khaled Hosseini - Thank you.

Just finished reading Unaccustomed Earth. It's a nice book. Nothing really great, but there is a connection I feel that makes it wonderful, really wonderful for me!

No comments: