Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Sidharth Monga

has a nice piece on how cricketers try to handle heckling here
An excerpt on how Dravid manages to hold his ground!
Dravid's way is pretty effective too. 'From the team bus, when I put the curtain down, I often see there are people lined up waiting for you, waving at you,' he says. 'There is a young kid on the road, selling magazines. He smiles at you, recognises you through the tiny window, waves at you, does a cricket action for you. That's passion. That's what it is about. I always look at it and say, that's the world game. The whole world's got to be grateful for that. And when I came across the rare idiot of the other kind, that kid is what I think of.'


You can't help but respect this man immensely. He is not only a talented, hard working cricketer but a geneuinely wonderful human being.

No comments: