Tuesday, December 07, 2010

My first snow storm

Man does it snow or what in Quebec!
It has been incessantly snowing here for the last 2 days. I hear the amount of snow is 25cms. For people used to living in the colder parts of the world it might not be much. For a guy who was born in India and moved to Texas this is a big deal. Because
1) We are not used to seeing white layers of snow on the roads or cars or rooftops.
2) We are not used to walking on thick layers of white material (we are used to walking in puddles of water, but thats different)
3) We are not used to negative temperatures (may be in Celsius)
4) We are not used to seeing the roads and even cars disappearing under snow
5) We are not used to feeling cold on the face and sweat on our backs

All this after my first snow storm. I know I have a rough winter ahead!

No comments: