Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year

Before you know it, one more year has passed. 2010 has ended and in a hour or so 2011 begins!

2010 has been a very happening year. So many things happened this it is hard to believe that all of them actually did.

Me and my family
I completed my PhD
My sister got married!
I got a job. My first real job (I am not joking!)
I got a chance to see if I can stand up for my choice the second time
I moved out of Austin
I left the United States to move to Canada
I am beginning a new phase of my life in Montreal
My standing up for myself did work this time
During this year period I learned a lot about a friend.

Friends
one guy found a gult bandi
one couple moved into their new hosue
one guy found a marathi bandi
one couple are having a kid
one guy is standing up to his parents
one guy is still pondering whether he should put fight or not

Cricket and Tennis
Sehwag had a decent time
Indian cricket team is at the top in Tests. Thats all I ask for!
Federer had an ok year. Nadal had a great year.
Oh yes, Tendulkar hit a 200 in onedays and 50 hundreds in tests (people who are surprised at me saying good things about Tendulkar, i have really changed :))

TV shows
I have completed watching Frasier the third time and am upto third season the fourth time
Watched Seinfeld twice
Watching Becker again

Books
India after Gandhi was good, really good.
Other notable books Atlas Shrugged (finally), Crime and Punishment, My Experiments with Truth (Even I can't believe i read this one), Unaccustomed Earth, Winesburg, Ohio. Overall a little less than my normal!


I wish all my readers (a small number I know) a happy and prosperous new year!

No comments: