Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008

The year end post.

Me
Academically this has been a productive year. Got some good work done. Completed my proposal. This year I have achieved a dream of mine when I joined UT. So I am very pleased about that.

On the personal front I had to face some setbacks. The pain is still there and it shall be there for some more time. I only wish I knew for how long.

Non-academically I shall be proud of finishing the Austin marathon!

Family
It has been a decent year in terms of my family. My sister made me proud by completing her MTech. She also has started work and things look good for her

Friends
This year has been good for my friends. Three good friends got married, another one started work in Austin, Another got a job in Academia, Another two of my friends are heading back home for good. Also some of my batchmates have got married. Looks like the peak shall be in 2009.
Also, I will remember 2008 as the year where I made a very very good friend. But


Cricket
Indian cricket has made giant strides this year. The highlights include the victory in Perth, CB series victory, Chennai test win. Of course Viru had an awesome year! Also of not were the performances of Ishant and Gautam. Dada and Kumble have retired. Cricket after 2008 will never be the same again for me! Also, Australia have been toppled (still unofficially) as the world champions. For now the mantle shall go to South Africa. But under Dhoni India can change that. Lets hope 2009 will be that year

Tennis
Federer had a rough year. Only the US grandslam. Not happy with that. But Nadal deserves credit for that. But I hope Fed to be back to his best this year.

Books
Managed to read some good ones such as "A Thousand Splendid Suns", "Siddhartha"

Trips
India trip was short. I was under immense pressure during the trip but managed to hold up decently.
Seattle trip rocked. The good old days of bachelorhood groups are over!
TRB 08 and DC was as usual fun and good!

Overall
In my current state I am happy 2008 is finishing. But may be in some years time I might look at it more kindly!


Anyway hoping 2009 will bring happiness to everybody!

No comments: