Saturday, January 17, 2009

Books and Life

I have always believed books are an integral part of my life. With every good book i read my belief strengthens. I just completed the book "Reading Lolita in Tehran". I have been very fortunate to read books that in a way act as a mirror to my emotions and life in general. At various stages of my life I have learned and drawn guidance from them (or to put it in the words of a good friend I have drawn what I wanted from the books I read). For example "Anna Karenina" allowed me to understand my fear of "death". Jhumpa Lahiri's Namesake helped me to clearly decide on my future. Khaled hoseini's Kite Runner allowed me to understand to define my guilt. His another book A Thousand Splendid Suns gave perspective to my current predicament. Now the recent book has enabled me to understand things that I have been fighting to understand for sometime. For anybody who reads or aspires to read books I advise (no, I implore you) to read as many books as you can. This way you do yourself a great favor and in the process enrich the lives of those around you!

No comments: