Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It takes guts

to take it into stride! Samaraweera after the Lahore attacks talks!

Excerpts about how his family responded to his injury

"She is yet to fully recover from the shock, though. She is going to counselling sessions, arranged by the board, and is improving. The sessions have helped her a lot; they've also helped me in my rehabilitation back home. She is now moving on, dropping my kid to school and running the house."

Samaraweera has been spending time with his two daughters, aged eight and three. "The younger one doesn't know anything," he said with a laugh. "The elder one was worried about my leg and kept asking her mother whether I would be okay, whether I would be able to drop her at school soon! I am really happy with the emotional support that I have got from my family. My wife has never said not to play cricket in the future; she is just worried about my health."



No comments: