Friday, October 02, 2009

Politics

Its weird in the US. I am a person who will support Democrats in their religious attitudes and Republicans in their economic attitudes. Don't know how confused most people here are with these ideas. For example, I do not have issues with gay marriage. I think it should be permitted (something republicans will never do!) and then I am for capitalism with required regulation (do you see a republican there). I would have a hard time voting if I were a citizen here. Surprisingly, the situation is not very different in India. BJP is the party I will support for their economic policies but hate them for their religious tendencies. Then we have the Congress who seem to make stupid economic decisions (oh sure they are good vote winning policies!) but they are supposedly more secular (which i think is crap and the reason i hate them. I would rather be open and non-secular than conveniently secular). Interesting similarity! And guess what it does not stop there. For whatever reasons both republicans in the US and BJP in India are in the dumps with no future ahead at least for some years. I find the similarities strange!


No comments: