Sunday, November 06, 2005

Fun on Fridays

Off late fridays in Austin are great!!..... I am not yet working...I am still a graduate student.. but somehow I seem to enjoy Fridays..... My typical routine Friday begins at 3.00 PM (I wake up a little late you see :) ).. Then i get to school to start work. I work for a while and off we go at around 6.00PM to where.... it could be the lake or a park or to intel Volley courts.... we may play volley, cricket or just sit and talk.. but its fun to do this in a group and i have a great time. And from there we head to a restaurant..have a nice dinner and then we pick a movie, mostly a Hindi one (for the benefit of the new entrants into our group!! otherwise it could have been telugu) .. then once the movie is over head to ... office... yes at 2.00AM and work for a while.....

This is getting into being a habit.....not that i mind...i enjoy it.....

and before i finish...... i should mention about the tough volley game we played this weekend...

the teams

Vikas, Yak, Suku, Shalu, Kishore
Vs
Abdul, Aarti, Akarsh, Akansha, and me (sorry my name doesnt start with an "A")

it was a nice game... we were trailing most of the time...but we fought well.... to win the first game... then lost the second and third and came back to win the fourth and force a fifth set. The fifth wasnt any different..we were trailing...we came back, to even it at 24-24.... We had a match point and could not convert it :( .. and so we lost!!!..... for a second it was like the world stopped or something (I am terrible at writing I guess!!!)...... but it was great fun...to play...

I hope we will have more Fridays in a week and even more fun on those days..

thats it for now....

Will start posting regularly from now on......

No comments: