Sunday, November 06, 2005

I hate Sachin

Yes, you have read that right..... I am an Indian cricket fan.... I try to watch all matches india play.. and make sure I read anything that is written about cricket, however remotely it might be related... Bu t still i hate the batting of a "genius"... a player with more international centuries than any other player in cricket....and mostly any player will ever will...at least for sometime...
You must be thinking why I hate him!!.... the moment he comes on to play cricket for me cricket looses appeal... there have been days i wish he gets out early.... and someone else in the team plays well to get India to victory.... I feel Tendulkar plays cricket more for records than for the team... I know every fan of his accepts that he takes more balls than needed to move from the 90m to a century... I always felt such slowing down affects the momentum of the innings and I hate it because he has so many centuries that the thought of missing one should be on his mind...But it still is.... and i can only think of one reason for such display of extra-ordinary caution at the expense of the benefit of the team...

I liked his batting before he hit is first one day century, the young 16 year old who burst on the scene with innings of fearlessness where he feared none and played on his insticnt..... I know...the way Sehwag plays now....and i love that style of instinctive batting.......Yes sehwag will get out playing a irresponsible shot, but thats always better than fiddling for a run to get ur 36th century.... The way he scored his triple hundred or the way he went for his double and got out in australia for 195 are mere examples of a new school of cricket..... At best the process can be described in statistical terminology as a kind of "Poisson" Process..... lack of memory of the past.... Thats the kind of batting I enjoy and love...... I am sure many of you are ready to pounce on me for my comments and views....hold on.....these are strictly my intrepretations and i think I am entitled to such opinions.....

With that i would take leave!!

No comments: