Sunday, November 06, 2005

My journey - and the Fairer Sex

I was born and brought up in a small town in AP.I always found the fairer sex interesting to talk to. The reason for this, I can only guess, is because it was not common to go around talking with girls in small towns!!
I was generally good at finding things about girls in general..... For instance, it took me very little time to find out details of girls, be it in class or a girl who i see at an examination center. I always had the connections to find out details. Once i entered IIT, it wasnt very different. In a span of 2 days, i even had the room numbers of all my batchmates in memory (of course girls only!!) ... I always found it surprising that i was interested in such stuff. Because i was practically "settled" in life very early. But i never could understand the reasons my interest!!

The place I lived and studied I was used to seeing girls wearing Chudidars and half-sarees (langa Voni for the telugu understanding readers). I studied until +2 in AP. I been to Hyderabad many times and i was surprised to see so many girls wearing jeans and t-shirts. I always thought such dresses were only for film heroines. (of course off late they dont even wear these. they prefer wearing things - I better try not to describe. ) But the ultimate shock was when I reached chennai I guess. I am not talking about the girls in Chennai. It is about the girls in IITM. They were a very queer lot for me. It took time for this conservative small town guy to see confident and hep girls. Anyway I got along with them too I guess....

From IITM, I arrived in US... this place was not a shock to me at all...may be I was prepared for the worst. And our place being in Texas is very hot..... So you can imagine the kind of dresses Americans wear.. So from being a small town guy...now i think i can stand anything... at least I think I can... but still there are things I cant undestand.....I will bore you with such ones later..

till then bye...

No comments: