Sunday, March 25, 2007

Being alone

Of late I am spending a lot of time alone. May be it is because of my dwindling ability to spend time in a group without taking notice of things that make me unhappy. May be it is because of the way I am working and the amount of work I have. May be it could be the fact that I am happy being on the phone with friends from IIT M and others who have left Austin. I spend a lot of time on the internet, a little amount on phones and some more on reading books. It was not the same earlier.

My first year I vividly remember spending a lot of time with friends. Then during second year I started spending time alone and it increased across the year n half. Then again i started spending time with friends for about an year and now i am at a period where I am spending time alone. Dont know if this it will change again. I do not want it to change. I think i am at an age where i enjoy being alone and like it.

Moreover, I am not good at talking in a group. I dont make friends with people in a group, i make acquaintance. For me without spending time alone with a person I do not treat him/her as a friend. But I guess that is not the case with everybody. This i feel weird about. But of course that is a personal choice. I am happy with mine and others with theirs. So life moves on

No comments: