Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Namesake

No, I am not writing again about the novel. Now it is about the movie Namesake. Just watched it. I loved it as I expected. Somehow it is one of those stories that is so close to what's happening in lives of so many Indians in the US. It is good to identify yourself with people like you going through the struggles that you go through.

The thought of family in the US is scary in itself. After watching the movie you feel even more scarier. Some people are born in a way that they have limited capabilities to adapt. They can change only to some extent. Some others adapt quickly and naturally. The former need to return to their roots to live a peaceful life. I hope I belong to the former group and would go back someday soon!!

Good movie. Must watch if you liked the book. Some things on screen make you feel pleasant and good.

For today it is going to be NAMESAKE!!!

1 comment:

4ever said...

very true... even i agree with u...
the novel was too real and I can almost see it coming...
i didnt like the novel only because i don't want to accept it... even i hope i will be back in India before its too late...