Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 in review

Disclaimer: This post is an attempt to remind myself of the highs and lows of the year 2007. This presents me a means of reflecting for myself the year that has gone by.


January
Personal
I was working on getting a survey website up and running. We had our TRB conference. I went early to DC, met friends there and attended the conference. Completed my unexpected presentation reasonably well, freaked out with friends in DC and left to Boston. Visited MIT campus in the freezing weather. Caught up with some of my nice friends from IITM and UT. It is always nice to spend time with old buddies. The weather was amazing for a person living in Texas. Incidentally there was snow in Austin too!!

Sports
January started off with India's famous win in South Africa. We lost the series, however the year's most poignant comeback was on cards. Sourav Chandidas Ganguly, whose cricket obituary has been written almost all cricket writers came back and started his dream run! Also at the same time, sehwag started loosing it on th international scene!
Federer won Australian with relative ease. I was all worried abd looking forward to French

February
Personal
My first journal publication was something to really cheer about!!

March
We released the online survey that we developed
The spring break trip to Arkansas was fun with junta from austin and california
Cricket world cup begins. Unfortunately our campaign ended very early

April
Lara retires after a glorious cricket career

May
My travel begins
I visit the Atlantic in Daytona beach followed by a trip to California and Pacific. The California trip was amazing. The drive on US 1, the saravan bhavan food, the hosts..
June
The California trip ended :P
Wimbledon starts. One of the tensest periods of my life begin :P

July
Federer win the "tournament"
loved some great matches.... apart from the final.. soderling Vs Nadal was nice..and many more

August
Nice party and dinner for my b'day
Completed the submissions for TRB and started planning for my trip back home

September
Went to India, had a great time there
Started running long distances abt 6 miles or so
India win T20 competition

October
running improved... registered for a half marathon

November
Completed my race successfully

December
interesting month with lot of fun interspersed with work. One of my closest friends has found the partner. I am so happy for the friend.
Tomorrow I intend to celebrate with lots of drinks :P

Interspersed with all this was some visits by friends from other cities, many interesting conversations on the phone and new friends in austin. All this and my work has made 2007 a significant year in my life.

No comments: