Saturday, December 29, 2007

Money and Marriage

Disclaimer: These are the personal views of a single desi guy. So, please give it some thought before taking offense

Today an interesting topic of discussion was started regarding money in marriages. I initially didn't even understand why that is an issue. Then I started hearing arguments like "I want to spend my money the way I want to". Well, thats right and you should have that freedom. But what I don't understand was why a couple cannot possess money together and yet maintain their financial freedom. May be I come form an old school, but for me a married couple should always have their money together. Its not his or her money. It is their money. You will spend it when you need to. I believe the individuals would be mature enough to spend responsibly. But, people think it will work only in a perfect marriage. This beats me!! If people can't even manage their money responsibly (and maturely) in a marriage, I can't see them raising a family (with kids I mean)!!

Thats how I am.

PS: I want to make sure here that the couple spend money together (I am not saying the guy should control it !!)

No comments: