Thursday, January 24, 2008

Can't believe what i am witnessing!

I am watching one of the greatest performances I have ever watched on the tennis court. Jo Wilfrud Tsong has played a match that would have made Federer proud.
Where do I start?
- Should I talk about his wonderful serve
- his skillful volleying (especially the drops and half-volley pickups)
- his amazing forehands
- his doublehanded crosscourt
- his attitude
- his charishma

You name it. Jo Wilfred Tsonga has got it.

The way he played was simply indescribable. It was reminiscent of Federer dismantling Roddick in Wimbledon semis-finals that made me a die hard Fed fan. Tsonga has nearly matched it (He was close I will tell you that much)

I have never felt sympathy for Nadal. Today I wanted to cry for him!

Tsongo where have you been man.

A small incident to describe how he played. (i can come up with 10 or so)

He served a good serve. Line umpire thought the ball was right. But the chair umpire over-ruled. By the time over-rule happened, Nadal hit the ball into the net. But Tsongo challenged the chair umpires call and won the challenge. However, the chair umpire asked them to replay the point. That was meaningless because there was no way Nadal would have played differently because the over rule was after Nadal's ball hit the net. And to add to all this, there was a small matter of a breakpoint against Tsongo. So he had a huge verbal argument with the Chair. but the chair asked them to replay the point. Well he goes back and hits 3 aces in a row. Nadal can only watch.

Tsonga on song!!

Well, was he on the hunk list yesterday?
I can't see why he is not.

No comments: