Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Where does the issue of money come from?

In every other sport writer's comments ICC is spineless because they have heeded to BCCI and removed Steve Bucknor from Perth test. To all the writer's I ask a simple question. Have you followed Indian cricket enough to realize that Bucknor has a very bad history with the way he umpires in matches involving India? I have seen him umpiring extremely well (infact unbelievably) when India is not involved. So, as far as I am concerned it is fare request in terms of BCCI. If ICC had done its homework in the appointment of umpire he would never have been allowed. Moreover, when ICC keeps track of the number of correct decisions made by umpires why can't it keep track of the decisions based on each country. You see that an umpire gets too many wrong over a matter of time its time to see that the umpire does not stand in the matches involving that country. If the umpire does not have a history its fine. As far as I see it,its common sense. Well, what I hear from writers makes me believe that common sense is not common. I hate to hear that ICC is just a puppet for BCCI.

Also, one more thing that I am not happy with is the way writers say Australians play their cricket hard. Well good for them. I would prefer if the writers will say they will attempt to win at any cost including stooping to strategies like provoking opponents, pressurizing umpires and choosing to define integrity as they want it. If thats playing hard well I have nothing more to say. India does not play hard. Actually no other team does that and I hope will never do that. Somehow, my opinion of Australia has taken a battering because of the articles I see in their press. Some of them are utter nonsense. Remember the caste article in Sydney Morning Herald.

Anyway I will wait for Perth test to begin.

No comments: