Monday, February 04, 2008

Is this what I want

Off late this is a question that is coming to me very often. There are times when I am not sure what I want to do in life. I am currently writing my dissertation proposal. As of now it is lot of hard work. It involves writing which I am not all that comfortable with. I hope that experience will make me better at that. However, looking into the future if I got to spend more time writing than working on problems, I am not very sure if that is what I want to do. Another question that comes up is what use is the publication of all these papers that you work on. I mean I want to see something used in practice. But that is something I am not so sure.

May be it is because I am not good enough that I am searching for reasons for not raising to that level. But still I feel I am genuinely concerned about what I will feel like if after 20 years of similar work I realize that its not a very good way of leading my life. I don't know what I need to do.

Anyway life shall move on!!

No comments: