Friday, February 08, 2008

A more appropriate reason for

Andrew Symonds getting what he gets

I don't know much about racism and stuff like that because being in India where everybody is of the same color (race or whatever) we do not generally experience racism. I don't know a lot about racism and the associated slurs for the same reason. So, when there were monkey chants going on in India to mock (or humiliate) Symonds I had a good laugh until I heard the supposed racial implications. I never knew that the chants were racially motivated. I consider myself a well educated cricket fan. So, if I did not know about it there is a very good chance most Indians (not all) who participated in the chanting did not know the first time it was done. However, when it was so publicized people got to doing it intentionally because it got Symonds angry. Thats all they wanted. I don't condone it. But I still feel things have been blown way out of proportion.

Anyway.. the article clearly points out why symonds got what he got

Also, if you go ahead and mouth off to a brown man and are afraid of getting abused racially you better shut your bloody mouth in the first place. As far as my logic goes, as long as you don't give me shit I will be silent but when I am provocated for no reason I don't see anything wrong in whatever I say. If you are so easily offended by my words you shouldn't come and give me shit is all I ask for! I have listened to many Australians saying there is no place for racist comments. First and foremost there is no place for expletives to batsman unnecessarily. So talk to Symonds and cool him before talking about others behavior.

I don't support racist comments. But if you go and start mouthing off to people without any reason you sure are likely to get back something that will make you sad. So use your brain and shut your mouth please!

No comments: