Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sacrifice

I have a weird funda in life. During my life at IITM, it took me time to realize all is not settled once you are in IIT. I was told for 2 years that once you get through JEE life is set. I honestly believed it. In fact, I believed it so sincerely that I did not do anything in my first year and received many jolts. But slowly but surely i found my footing and started realizing what it is needed to be done. Then I think it was in my 4th sem when I was starting to study relatively decently. Also, things in my hostel were looking good. I had a shot at playing volley too (if I put in the time). Then I decided to leave that and concentrate on my acads. I have always thought about that decision. I still feel it was right. Because without that decision life would have been different after IIT. I would not have liked that. I agree IITM is the most happy 4 years in my life. However, to squeeze in more happiness and drain it out of my remainder of the life would not be right!!

Anyway... now I made up for the lost time in sports with my marathon and boy am I happy

No comments: