Thursday, October 16, 2008

Is this right?

Jet airways fired about 1900 employees citing reduction in passenger demand and rising fuel costs as reasons. It is not a good thing to be fired. I feel sorry for the employees. But is politicizing the issue right? If the reasons cited by the organization are incorrect I can understand standing up for the fired employees. But when in pure business terms if they cannot afford to continue with these employees what should the organization do? Keep all of them and sink as a company? I don't think politicizing such legitimate problems in the industry is not right. But that's me!

I agree there should be better provisions when a company fires employees like compensation for 6 months etc. (I am no expert so I am just suggesting). But to protest and put pressure on corporations to hold on to employees is surely not the way to go! Now, the MNS has more reason to gain publicity with protests! What pity!

Update: The protests have worked. Jet takes back all employees! Don't know what to say

No comments: