Friday, April 25, 2008

Misbah-ul-Haq

His entire career will be plagued with the paddle shot he played against India in the Twent20 final.
This is what he has to say about the shot
"Ha! It was very tough to recover from that loss. I had many sleepless
nights. I would think about that shot again and again. I had two
options on that particular ball: either go very straight over the
bowler's head or go for the paddle. I could have mis-hit the straight
hit, so I went for the second. I wanted to go between short fine-leg
and the 'keeper, but that was a full one and slower too, and I didn't
connect well.


I have now recovered from it. It's not as if I have taken it too hard
on myself, but yes it will remain a big regret through my life. They
are going to keep showing that shot on the TV!
"

Naturally its hard on him!!

No comments: