Wednesday, October 01, 2008

To add to my already

bright start to the day

This is what Shane Warne has to say about My dude Sehwag (Sehwag ranks 35 in the all time list of Warne)


Virender Sehwag is one of my favourite batsmen in world cricket today and one of my favourite personalities. This is a guy I would pay to watch. All right, he could get caught at third man to a big slash or a top edge in the first or second over, but he could just as easily bat for an hour in a way unmatched by anybody else in the world. You take pot luck with Sehwag, although the fact that he averages more than 50 in Test cricket shows that his style pays off for him more often than it does for most other batsmen with the same approach. Only Don Bradman and Brian Lara can match his achievement of scoring two triple-centuries in Test cricket, and the second of Sehwag's, against South Africa, came at better than a run a ball.


Off the field, I find him to be a really funny guy. Jeremy Snape told me a great story about him while we were working together in the Indian Premier League. Sehwag and Snape were batting for Leicestershire against Middlesex when Abdul Razzaq started reverse swinging the ball in the way that the Pakistan bowlers do.


Sehwag came up to Snape and said: “We must lose this ball. I have a plan.” Next over, he whacked that ball clean out of the ground, forcing the umpires to pick another from the box that would obviously not reverse straight away. To which Sehwag said: “We are all right for one hour.” Smart, I say.

Simply too good. To read the full list its here


No comments: